Neko

The Bane of my Existence - Page 11

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Wild Horse State!
Please, do not feed the users... they bite...
To the left, you shall see our lovely facilities. And to the right is... what remains of the fountain I blew up. Shhh, don't tell Tato.
We have some pretty cool features, like the C-Box at the bottom of the home page.
We're constantly adding to the site to try and make it better, and we're always open to ideas! Feel free to pm Rockeh or Tato.
If you have a site and want to Affiliate, message Rockeh with your mini-banner/logo HTML, and I'll get it up in the portal. Please have our affiliation on your site too Smile
Well, we hope you've enjoyed your tour of Wild Horse State. Please come again soon! Very Happy

The Bane of my Existence

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
bersniper

bersniper

Awesomeness : 18

The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:16 pm

Adonis unknowingly leaned into the touch before nodding. "I'll come back." he promised quietly.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

Awesomeness : 20

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:33 am

Magnus looked into his eyes. You'd better. He said softly.
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:23 pm

Adonis nodded once more. "I will." he told him.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:26 am

Magnus shoved him playfully on the shoulder. Go on then. Hurry back. He smirked. His ringed fingers grasped the top of the younger boys arm for a second before letting go.
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:09 am

Adonis looked up at the man when he grasped his arm. He smiled gratefully before turning and was about to leave when a thought stopped him with his hand on the doorknob. He had been unconscious when Magnus had found him and brought him here. He had no clue where here even was.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:05 am

Magnus raised his eyebrow. Something wrong?
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:43 pm

Adonis blushed in embarrassment as he turned to face Magnus. "Um...where are we?" he asked quietly.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Brooklyn, main street. Keep going straight out the door and take the first two turns left. He said.
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:47 pm

Adonis blushed even brighter. "T-Thanks." he mumbled before darting out the door.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:47 am

Magnus rolled his eyes and shook his head. That boy. He went over and sat on the couch, settling himself down for a long wait.
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:30 pm

Adonis made his way back to the side of town where his apartment was located. He was just about to turn down his road when two fire trucks went flying by him. He knew arson was common around the area and the poor conditions of the buildings didn't help control many of the fires started. He thought back on the shooting at his apartment before racing to his road. His legs nearly gave out on him when he saw the flames engulfing his home. He clung to the side of a building as he tried to keep from hyperventilating. All of the things he had worked for and owned...in flames. He had just managed to get enough money for his own apartment without having to use what his mother had sent him, without his father's knowledge. One of the police officers caught sight of him and started heading his direction. He panicked. If his father found where he was he would be hunted down and killed. He turned and ran. The officer shouted at him to stop before calling for backup. He knew they might think he was the arsonist. He managed to slip down an alleyway just as a cop car came speeding down the road. He found his way almost instinctively to the park. He found a familiar large willow tree that had branches that created almost a curtain surrounding the trunk. It didn't take much effort to climb up the trunk and sit in the fork of two branch, hugging his knees up to his chest.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:53 pm

Magnus couldn't wait any longer. After checking the clock several times he finally dragged on a coat and exited the apartment.He walked slowly towards Adonis's place, whistling a tune beneath his breath. As he got nearer the smell of smoke caught his attention. He quickened his pace until he got to the apartment. His face dropped in horror as he saw the burning building. He quickly waved his hand to douse the flames and ran into the building. The smoke was suffocating him and burning his eyes. He managed to choke out Adonis's name as he ran up the stairs, coughing heavily around the smoke that was filling his lungs.
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:04 pm

The firefighters that were still watching over the flames were frozen in surprise when the fire vanished. One man caught sight of a man racing into the building. He shouted at the dark-haired man before calling for help as he ran after him. A couple of other firefighters followed quickly. They spotted the man going up the stairs. "Stop! The stairs aren't stable!" one of them shouted as he pulled on his mask. The smoke was thick in the building. One man raced up the stairs, trying to stop him before anything bad happened. They had cleared the building out room by room shortly after they got the call about the fire. No one had been in the apartment.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:39 am

Magnus was coughing desperately. He couldn't see anything past the smoke. He called out once more before he collapsed on the stairway, struggling for the slightest hint of oxygen. His foot suddenly went straight through the stair and he struggled up out of the hole it made. He listened desperately for any sign of life before he waved his shaky hand. He sent a mist over the whole apartment, searching for anything living. When he found nothing, he resolved himself to two options. Adonis was either dead, or he had escaped. Magnus stumbled back down what was left of the stairs when he saw the firemen. He tried to ask them between coughs if they had seen anyone run from the apartment. He fell to his knees as he struggled for air.
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:07 am

Two firemen grabbed Magnus' arms and lifted him between them. They all hurried out of the building just as it collapsed. The men laid him on the ground while one of them went to get a stretcher and an oxygen mask. They worked quickly. Moving Magnus onto the stretcher and placing the mask over his mouth and nose. "Take deep breathes." one man told him.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:36 am

Magnus gasped for breath until he could finally breath normally. He tore off his mask and sat up. Did you see anybody run out? He asked desperately.
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:16 pm

One of the men put a hand on Magnus' shoulder to prevent him from getting up further. "We cleared the building out the moment we arrived." one of the firemen told him carefully. It was obvious that the dark-haired man was distressed and they didn't know how he would react to the things they said.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:54 pm

Magnus snapped his fingers and an electric shock jumped from his shoulder to the man's hand. It was a small one, but it should cause some pain.
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:37 pm

The man touching him jerked his hand back at a shock, eyes widening briefly in surprise. "Sir, did you know anyone in the building?" another man asked.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Magnus turned his cat eyes on the man who asked. Yes. He said. He got up gracefully and fixed his hair. If you'll excuse me, gentlemen. He started to walk away.
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:01 pm

The men watched him as he started to leave, confused looks on their faces. "Did you know a younger man who lived here?" one called after him.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:06 pm

Magnus turned with an easy grin. I did indeed. He said.
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:13 pm

The man frowned slightly at Magnus' reply, never wanting to be the bearer of bad news. "We found a young man in the building when we got here. He was the only person we found..." the man started.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:18 pm

Magnus froze. He was terrified of the answer but kept a deadpan face. Alive?
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:23 pm

The man slowly shook his head. "He was dead when we arrived. We've been hoping someone could identify him." he told the man regretfully.

Adonis sat frozen in the willow tree. He was still in shock after seeing his home in flames and the adrenaline was gone from when he ran from the cops.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Bane of my Existence   The Bane of my Existence - Page 11 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Bane of my Existence
Page 11 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Human Lands :: Love Handle-
Jump to: