Neko

Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!]

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Wild Horse State!
Please, do not feed the users... they bite...
To the left, you shall see our lovely facilities. And to the right is... what remains of the fountain I blew up. Shhh, don't tell Tato.
We have some pretty cool features, like the C-Box at the bottom of the home page.
We're constantly adding to the site to try and make it better, and we're always open to ideas! Feel free to pm Rockeh or Tato.
If you have a site and want to Affiliate, message Rockeh with your mini-banner/logo HTML, and I'll get it up in the portal. Please have our affiliation on your site too Smile
Well, we hope you've enjoyed your tour of Wild Horse State. Please come again soon! Very Happy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Monster

Monster

Awesomeness : 25

Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!] Empty
PostSubject: Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!]   Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!] Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:50 am

(My first post in a while! Come to me my lovelies hehehe! let us post!)

The sound of hooves hitting concrete at a pace that was much faster than reccomended began to fill the air. Sharp as cracks of thunder, the mare's hooves hit the ground hard with each quick step. She was running; galloping. Her breath came in quick, ragged gasps. How long had she been going? And, did it really matter? She was nearly there! Ebony ears flicked forward, toward her goal, just at the thought of this. It had been some time indeed since she had laid her eyes on the place that was home. Home. Such a funny word coming from a less than tame horse. Tameness would never befall her. Only the promise of freedom when she wanted it was what kept Darka tired to this place. That, and getting free food wasn't a bad deal at all. Heck, she enjoyed the chance to be a bit lazy every now and then. But at this Monet she was really pushing herself.

If she had to guess, Darka would say that her own breed was more for jumping than racing. Certainly better built to gather herself and leap than streached out and run. Maybe that was why she felt... Well, honestly a little fat. She hadn't run this fast like a fool in some time. Maybe years. A cough rose in her throat, escaping with a resounding hacking noise. So maybe running like an idiot was not her best of ideas, but who could blame her? She had a destination and nothing would get in her way! Not a person, or car, or town... Well, maybe it was better if she didn't go running through town anymore. At least not so dangerously fast. Probably one of her dumber ideas. A low wicker expressed her delight as her hooves began to hit gravel. She was so much closer now.

Admittedly she had been away much longer than she planed. But things were not allways predictable in her life. Still, the mare had arrived now. Though her mane was far longer, and matted beyond belief, and her hooves, well, they may need a trim. So yeah, she was a bit of a mess. But hey, she was also more wild than a lot of the stable horses around these parts. That was why she liked Chelsea. The girl had let Darka come and go whenever. A truly wonderful gift. And now she refused to let the girl down by dissapearing. Her pace broke down to a slow lope and then jerkily slowed to a walk. The mare flicked her raven hued banner, eyes searching around the property for the one girl alive whom she trusted. So, where was she? A shinny so pound one might call the sound stentorian broke from Darkas' muzzle. Surely she would be heard, and her girl would come. Or someone who could find her.
Back to top Go down
PoptartJamm

PoptartJamm

Awesomeness : 20

PostSubject: Re: Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!]   Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!] Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:26 pm

Chelsea's head raised as she heard hooves colliding with pavement. "Loose horse!" screamed in her head, but she got up slowly from her paperwork. She'd just signed some papers for two new horses she'd bought not long ago. They'd be here soon, and so she was working on getting ready for them. She lifted herself from her chair, and out to the door. She pulled on her rubber boots, and walked from the house. She head a loud whinny, and soon a black horse came galloping into view. She smiled as the horse slowed, and came closer. Darka. She walked down the drive, still smiling. Long time no see. The thought to the mare. Where've you been? She continued walking, and as she reached the black mare, she reached out a hand, in attempt to per the horse. (Bleh. complete FAIL)
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!]   Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!] Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 pm

(NO IT WAS NOT SO DO NOT CRITICIZE YOURSELF FOR IT! Just practice lots. Work on quality, not quantity. Anyone can write a bunch of nonsense and make a big post. Fist thing you should do is make sure you have good spelling and grammar, and a nice, legible post. I also find that expanding my vocabulary gives me more words to write with. See, just right here I've written a bunch of crap! Surprised Amazing!)

Dark eyes, ones that really justified her name, flashed with surprise as she whirled so that the owner of the approaching footsteps could be seen. But a moment before the sound to two feet clad in boots hitting the ground, she had caught the sound of the door to the house shutting. Now she spotted the human she had come to greet. Chelsea. The girl obviously loved her equine companions, and it showed all over. Not in huge way, maybe how her hair might seem a bit more disheveled than that of another person, or when the girl seemed particularly tired. No matter her appearance, Chelsea was someone who intrigued Darka. The girl could use telepathy to speak to horses. An amazing feat indeed. No other two-legged creature the mare had met ever had that ability. The whole lot of those humans might be weird, and all different in their own ways the horse couldn't even grasp at, but Chelsea was special to her. The only one she could trust, and who never ceased to capture her attention. Maybe the lady didn't even know how her differences interested the horse, but it was true none the less.

Even though she knew this little female could speak to her in her mind, it never ceased to surprise her after a long time away. LIke jumping into water that was a bit too cold. You knew what you were doing, and the sensation was one you remembered well enough, but it was still so odd until you finally swam around and ajusted to the temperature. Then all was well, and your liquid friend was all around you. At least, this was the best analogy the mare could make up. Worked fine, too. A small twist of her mouth was Darka's own version of a smile that she gave to the girl was was walking ever closer. "Ha, well well. Glad you didn't forget me or anything." Her tone in the thought managed to convey her amusement very nicely, too. Normally she wouldn't go around without checking in on her girl every so often, after all, the oats and other such treats could lure any horse in. But unlike common misbelief, wild horses didn't get to allways run free and eat all day and wait to be caught by some up and coming cowgirl. What a funny world that might be.

She paused as her mind tried to think of the right way to tell Chelsea what had been going on. After all, just like any human, she had her odd days, and big events did occur. Maybe not their idea of interesting, but she also didn't care. The horse worked hard to live this long. And besides, it wasn't like the opinions of the small minded foolish creatures of the world affected her. But Darka was naturally a hard-headed, feisty kind of horse. One who didn't listen to directions unless she got half the say in what those directions were. At least. Her life here was unique in that she had the choice of coming and going any time of day, no matter what. And there was always a place right here waiting for her when she was feeling like it. "I've been... around. Roaming I'd call it. Ran into trouble once or twice. Took care of it. And you, M'dear? How has your life been going?" Her answer was more like a half an answer. Giving just enough information, but only that much. Besides, the girl had no need to know of her... Less than smart moments that had been happening recently. All was well. Ish.
Back to top Go down
PoptartJamm

PoptartJamm

PostSubject: Re: Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!]   Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!] Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:03 pm

(O_O I have no words.....except.... I LOVE CHU FOR BELIEVING IN MY ABILITIES Very Happy Very Happy.)

Chelsea smiled, a well known twinkle in her eyes. She patted the dark mare gently, before replying. Forget you? As if. And, as for me, I've just bought three new horses. One of which is in the barn, and the other two will be arriving sometime this week. Oh, and, what...kind of trouble, may I ask? She gave another smile, before removing her hand from the mare's pelt. (Okay. You have to admit that that was a complete failure. But, I'm exhausted, and haven't eaten anything, so, I have an excuse C:<)
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!]   Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!] Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:45 am

Darka's eyes widened at the news of more horses. Well then. Chelsea really had been quite busy lately. Too bad the mare had been gone so long. Then she could have met whateer horses had come while she was away so much faster! Still, it was good that the girl was getting more horses. Otherwise she wouldn't really have much of a barn. Just empty space. And no one liked puting their ponies in a big old empty space where there was no one else. Or... She didn't think they would. Maybe she was wrong, but being a horse it didn't really matter anyways. She was lucky to be this smart in the first place. She could be stupid. Now there was a scary thought. A stupid Darka. Hah, like that would happen!

She yawned a bit as she listened to Chelsea. So the new ones were coming soon... Always good. Then the mare could get up to some big trouble real quick. Maybe she could get a partner in crime! Oh, how wonderful that could be. Two troublesome horses instead of one! She flicked her tail, plotting this grand troublesome escapade that was to come. Yeah, it was a good idea. Her ear flicked in the girl's direction, however, when she heard her ask about the trouble. If she could crige she would do it right then. Why such a nosey one? Chelsea should just let it be. Glowering slightly, Darka replied, "Oh, you know... Nothing interesting. Ate grass, taunted fools. Got chased by a mountain lion. Nothin big." her mouth twitched at the last bit. Yeah, so maybe being careful was not her strongsuit. At all...
Back to top Go down
PoptartJamm

PoptartJamm

PostSubject: Re: Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!]   Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!] Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:37 am

Chelsea raised a brow, for Darka had the look in her eyes. One she knew well. The mare was planning trouble. She heard hoof beats, and looked behind her to see Belles slipping around the barn. What a silly thing. She thought she could sneak around, but Chelsea knew exactly where she was going. She gave a sigh, and looked back to the dark mare. Well maybe, you shouldn't make yourself too open to trouble then, hm? She suggested. She patted the mare again. She'd have to remember to lock the feed room door again. Darka was every bit more sneaky than Belles. She chuckled at that and ran her fingers through her hair. Once again, she forgotten to brush it, and this time, she even managed to put her boots on the wrong feet. How could she help it? She was always so tired, being the only person there to make things work. She corrected the boot problem. She'd fix the hair later. (Meh...My muse died.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!]   Hello, hello again. [Open to any and all!] Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1