Neko

Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Wild Horse State!
Please, do not feed the users... they bite...
To the left, you shall see our lovely facilities. And to the right is... what remains of the fountain I blew up. Shhh, don't tell Tato.
We have some pretty cool features, like the C-Box at the bottom of the home page.
We're constantly adding to the site to try and make it better, and we're always open to ideas! Feel free to pm Rockeh or Tato.
If you have a site and want to Affiliate, message Rockeh with your mini-banner/logo HTML, and I'll get it up in the portal. Please have our affiliation on your site too Smile
Well, we hope you've enjoyed your tour of Wild Horse State. Please come again soon! Very Happy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
FelixCatus

Awesomeness : 20

Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Empty
PostSubject: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:55 pm

The little mare trotted from between two gnarled old apple trees, her silvery white coat and delicately sculpted features contrasting sharply with the rough bark and twisted branches. She glanced around the small clearing, tossed her head, and stepped into the center of the thick green grass. She nibbled at a fallen apple and thought about the humans she had just seen. They had been riding on a pair of horses and had seemed very interested in watching a heron spear fish. One had been holding something strange to its face, something that made its eyes appear huge. They had not seen her, but she was very curious about what they had been doing.
Some humans Silky had seen had tried to catch her, but she would race away like the wind before they could get close. Others had merely been content watching her. Silky broke off her thoughts and studied her reflection in the pool of water, then snorted with satisfaction and tossed her head, watching her long mane ripple gracefully. And why wouldn't they? Most likely they've never seen true beauty before.
Back to top Go down
Snowhoof

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:55 pm

(Can I join?)
Back to top Go down
FelixCatus

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:56 pm

(Sure)
Back to top Go down
Snowhoof

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:38 am

Rune slipped silently through the trees, which was quite a feat for a horse his size. He was a giant coal-black stallion, with powerful muscles bulging beneath his gleaming hide, rock-hard polished hooves, and flowing tail and mane. He appeared intimidating, but in truth was very gentle around other animals, especially baby animals, mares, and foals. However, he was merciless around humans.
When he was a colt, cowboys had surrounded him and his mother and tried to capture them. He escaped, but his mother was not so lucky. He hated the ones who had taken his mother and hoped to meet them again, when the circumstances would be much different.
But his great desire was to raise a family, and to do that, he had to find a suitable mare. Hence the reason he was wandering around in the Apple Orchard. His pricked nostrils caught the scent of a mare, and he swiftly headed towards it, hoping it would be the one for him.
Back to top Go down
FelixCatus

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Silky twitched her ears and snorted at a bothersome fly, then reached for another apple and crunched it, eyes on the surrounding trees. She thought she had heard another horse out there, but she was unsure if it had just been the wind. Or if it had been a product of her imagination.
She finished her apple and knelt in the soft grass, savoring the warm sun on her back. It had been so long since she had truly relaxed..
Silky was on the verge of falling asleep when she heard soft hooves on the carpet of leaves. She scrambled awkwardly to her feet and warily stared at the newcomer. His black coat gleamed, defining his powerful muscles against his immense frame. His polished hooves pawed at the thick grass, and his mane swept elegantly across his arched neck. His dark eyes watched her intently, as did his flared nostrils and pricked ears. Silky backed up against the edge of the meadow, desperately hoping that he would leave her alone.
Back to top Go down
Snowhoof

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 am

The mare in the clearing appeared startled, even terrified by Rune's appearance. He backed up a couple steps and dropped his head, so as to appear less threatening. Hello. My name is Rune. I'm sorry if I scared you.
Back to top Go down
FelixCatus

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:59 am

Silky raised her head slowly and took a tentative step forward. The stallion- no, Rune- didn't seem to be dangerous. She took a deep breath. Hello, Rune. I'm Silky. She took another step forward. I was just startled when I saw you. I'm fine now. Now that Silky had gotten over her fright, she saw the gentleness in his eyes. She cocked her head and eyed him curiously. Do you always creep up on people when you first meet them?
Back to top Go down
Snowhoof

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Rune snorted with amusement. This mare was not only attractive, but funny as well. He was liking her more and more. No. Just you. He leaned forward and gently bumped her with his nose. Do you have a herd? A mate?
Back to top Go down
FelixCatus

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Silky dropped her head. No. No herd. No mate. She lifted it again, watching Rune. What about you? she asked. Where is your mate? She waited for his response.

Last edited by FelixCatus on Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snowhoof

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Rune realized the disguised inquiry behind her question. No mate. He watched her, waiting for her reaction.
Back to top Go down
FelixCatus

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Silky snorted and flicked shimmering droplets of water at him with her tail. You're serious? I thought a good-looking horse like you would have mares lined up to be your mate.
Back to top Go down
Snowhoof

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:44 pm

Rune cocked his head. But not you? He shook his mane briskly. Myself, I don't know why you don't have admirers trailing you everywhere you go.
Back to top Go down
FelixCatus

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:26 pm

Silky looked up at Rune, thinking. He seemed nice enough and would definitely discourage any predators. She decided to ask. Would you like to travel with me? I'm going to the Green Plains. Or maybe the Free Lands. She tossed her head. Or maybe even the Flower Field.
Back to top Go down
FelixCatus

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:30 pm

Rune whickered in surprise. He had been about to ask the same thing. Sure. I suppose that's doable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Silky (1st appearance! Yay!)   Silky (1st appearance! Yay!) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Wilderness :: The Apple Orchard-
Jump to: