Neko

HEY YOU, COME LOOK!

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Wild Horse State!
Please, do not feed the users... they bite...
To the left, you shall see our lovely facilities. And to the right is... what remains of the fountain I blew up. Shhh, don't tell Tato.
We have some pretty cool features, like the C-Box at the bottom of the home page.
We're constantly adding to the site to try and make it better, and we're always open to ideas! Feel free to pm Rockeh or Tato.
If you have a site and want to Affiliate, message Rockeh with your mini-banner/logo HTML, and I'll get it up in the portal. Please have our affiliation on your site too Smile
Well, we hope you've enjoyed your tour of Wild Horse State. Please come again soon! Very Happy

HEY YOU, COME LOOK!

Go down 
+5
RockStar
bersniper
lilsuzu1
Sapheeria
Rockeh
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

Awesomeness : 15
Location : At the wedding. She and Tato are getting married, didn't you know?

HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Empty
PostSubject: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:13 pm

Our dear little clubhouse of a site is fading D: I dont know what's happened, but all our buddies who used to come and make up stories with us have gone to different places. So ive decided, maybe WHS needs a make-over?

So lets decide some changes. Suggest things like:
- New colours
- Which forum categories to keep and which to eliminate
- New pictures/banners
- Any other ideas you jewels happen to think up :3

So post em in replies to this, OR message me them Smile

Fire away!
Back to top Go down
Sapheeria

Awesomeness : 20

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:34 am

Definitely. First of all, I'm gonna state that we need a hell lot more advertising on other sites. 'Scuse the language. If we want active members that role-play grammatically correct, we're going to have to be stricter in the way we enforce rules. Which puts me to the next suggestion...

-More Rules

Yeah, I said it. Your probably looking at me funny, like how dumb this sounds. But besides what we already have for rules, we need good general rules set in stone for all members to follow. With all the new members coming in, we really need to set up an automatic personal message to each of them. I've noticed, yes we do have rules for the characters themselves, but not the members personally.

-Clearing Out The Old

Yes, as mentioned by others, we need to clear out all unused boards, and maybe throw in some new ones. With catchy titles and descriptions.

-Design Revamp

The site was pretty this way for a while but we need more of a neutral color, a shade of green with bits of lighter browns would do. Make it appealing to the eyes.

- New Player Stuff

I believe all new players should give an example of their role-play skills, and if it's not easy to read (improper punctuation, grammar mistakes, chat-speak) don't let them role-play until they learn how to do so that other players read it easily. Once they do, they would be allowed to role-play freely. Occasional screw-ups are okay, every post is not.

- Ranks

Yeah, I've seen this recently. Please, don't just give someone a rank because they ask for it. It's not fair to others and you haven't yet learned if they are responsible even to have it.

That's about it for now, I suppose.

Last edited by Sapheeria on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:15 am

First thing I'm gonna say is that purple is hurting my eyes. We need a soothing color like powder green or something. However, black and red don't look like a good idea because of the repulse that it gives to viewers.
Regarding forums, I think we should delete the owl lands completely, as they aren't used. We also need to have a clearout of the memberlist, as more than half of the members are people who went on for one day and never came back.
Thanks to anyone that looks at this :-)
Back to top Go down
bersniper

bersniper

Awesomeness : 18

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:06 pm

I agree with the color change.
I think a light mint green with a little black accent would look nice.
New pictures would be nice too.
Just my opinion. Smile
Back to top Go down
RockStar

RockStar

Awesomeness : 25

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:52 am

Heey guys, I know I don't really get on, but if suggestions will bring this place back, I'd be on every single day!

The color change is a must! This skin is reaaaaally old.
I think a staff team would be a good idea to have. Like some that update the site, advertise, make up games & just regular admins and mods. With more staff, the site would run a lot easier, and if one admin goes away, we aren't just depending on them, we have others that can do things.

I know this is supposed to be an all level role-play, but I think we seriously need to start having people have to have their characters accepted, with perhaps a role-play sample. Then based on that sample, we can decided like which level of role-playing they are, and they can post in a certain level of role-play boards. Like beginner, intermediate and advanced. Then to go up a level, we notify them when we see their role-playing improved or they can take a test or something.

I agree with the rules, we need MORE !

Also, I think that a 150~200 word requirement needs to be set in stone. One-liners get us no where in a thread <3

Here is a list of suggestions I made a while back, I just copied & pasted <3

Three, I think a character limit would be a good idea. A lot of people create a character and then make one post with them and are done. There really needs to be some sort of limit to this. Perhaps a three character limit or a limit of two characters per each species or something.

Fourth, I also think that making a separate account for each char yet would be a good idea, it could help make things more organized as well.

fifth, there really should be sections for each level or role players. One for beginner, one for intermediate, and one for experienced. And then ther could be a certain 'test' that has to be taken and passed in order to be able to post in a different section. And this could also give a higher leveled role player the option to go down to a lower level and post with them. Not only does this offer a break from long posts, but it gives others the experience of role playing with a higher leveled person

Sixth, we need to add some fun back into the site! Contests need to be arranged. I know some really fun ones that can go on and it can get boring when other people are just lurking with no replies to do.

Seventh, I know that the thought of role playing with tons of different species is exciting and that when it's in one place it is even better, but I think we should consider making multiple websites. Sort of like a store has chain stores. One site for each type of animal or whatever. Having a whole bunch in one place can get messy and confusing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildhorsespirits.proboards.com
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:36 am

I totally agree with the colour scheme ideas, my artsy side is devising a plan as i speak :3

Memberlist is a good idea, we have hundreds of users who never post, its infuriating.

I disagree slightly with the characters though. i have sorted my character list multiple times, but i still have tons of characters that i would use if there were enough posts. So maybe people should have a rule like if they dont use a character a certain amount of times or havent used it for some time, it gets erased?

We've set up a place where people can practice rping if they dont know how, so maybe instead of not allowing them to post in certain places, we just get the bad ones to have some practice in there, and write in the category descriptions what level the place is recommended for/

For the chain of sites, maybe we instead organize it so the different groups of forums are in sub-forums instead? its quite difficult to run multiple run-off sites, though its a great idea.

i\give me a list of categories that should be compacted into sub-forums, should be deleted, should be made, etc?

and GIMME SOME PICTURES Smile

Please, object to these, i want to make the changes that everyone are remotely comfortable with, even if it has to be a compromise!
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:52 am

OMG! The new site layout is beautiful! Though I didn't know if I was in the right place at first :-D
But this is amazing! It's really fresh and soft. I love it.
Back to top Go down
SkyKit

SkyKit

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:57 pm

Agreed Smile The new layout is beautiful!
Back to top Go down
RockStar

RockStar

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:52 am

It definitely looks great!
I feel some muse coming to me as I type (:

as for the categories, I would just say

The lands where all creatures are welcome, and then separate categories for each species .

edit- And perhaps we could add a staff board where only staff have access to, like no one else can see it, then we can plot evil stuff w/ in (:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildhorsespirits.proboards.com
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:17 am

awesome, im glad you guys like it!

and ill see if i can make one of those staff things. i dont actually know if its possible :3
Back to top Go down
SkyKit

SkyKit

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:18 pm

Rockeh wrote:
awesome, im glad you guys like it!

and ill see if i can make one of those staff things. i dont actually know if its possible :3

It is :3 you just have to make sure the Category/Forum is limited to staff/group members only.

-Le Edit- And the Mods are hard to tell apart from the normal members now, because of how similar the green names are.
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:44 pm

Haha, the New layout IS lovely. I just adore it! and I agree with SkyKit. The names are very close in color. GIMME PRETTY NAME ROCKEH! Lol, jk, but all the same I think we ought to be able to better tell them apart :3
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:18 pm

im on it! ps. i made the category, its in the basics Smile
Back to top Go down
Jodi25

Jodi25

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Can we have some get to know the members, games, graphics and links section?
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Fri May 18, 2012 6:59 pm

What if thats all in one place?
Back to top Go down
KayLynn

KayLynn

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:09 pm

The new site looks lovely!! Also, I'M BACK! Very Happy I'll try to be on more often Smile
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:44 pm

AHMAHGAHD SAME :3 my phone broke and i didnt have a computer but now i have another smartphone and IM BACK MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHA *chokes in the middle of evil laugh*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HEY YOU, COME LOOK!   HEY YOU, COME LOOK! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

HEY YOU, COME LOOK!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Suggestions/Problems-
Jump to: