Neko

IMPORTANT! from eat <3

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Wild Horse State!
Please, do not feed the users... they bite...
To the left, you shall see our lovely facilities. And to the right is... what remains of the fountain I blew up. Shhh, don't tell Tato.
We have some pretty cool features, like the C-Box at the bottom of the home page.
We're constantly adding to the site to try and make it better, and we're always open to ideas! Feel free to pm Rockeh or Tato.
If you have a site and want to Affiliate, message Rockeh with your mini-banner/logo HTML, and I'll get it up in the portal. Please have our affiliation on your site too Smile
Well, we hope you've enjoyed your tour of Wild Horse State. Please come again soon! Very Happy

IMPORTANT! from eat <3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Monster

Monster

Awesomeness : 25

IMPORTANT! from eat <3 Empty
PostSubject: IMPORTANT! from eat <3   IMPORTANT! from eat <3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:41 pm

Before I start, please understand and fully think about the fact that I don't want people skimming this for MOST of the information on what I have to say, because you got bored, or whatever excuse. The title said it all, this is important and I will be very greatful to those who actually read my words and think about this. Otherwise it is sadly a waist of my time.

Anywho

I know the big ranty pARAGRAPHs are scary(woops, hit that caps button) but Honestly they will not kill you.

Okay guys. I have to say that so far we have been beating around the bush. I know and have been active in some of the topics about what we could do to fix the total lack of activity on here. So, I'll be the one to cement the fact that WHS has seen it's day, and is now virtually dead. The only thing that keeps it from being a total ghost town is the few loyal members we have that have managed to stay active on here. Honestly, you must know I love you guys, or I wouldn't have stayed this long. My inactivity has personally been due just to life. I've gotten sick, had work and too much homework, and should be studying for midterms right now. I know it's lame and in the past i have managed to suck up the muse to post with you people, but i'm being realistic now and saying that WHS is losing some of my interest. I personally am a somewhat social person, and when There aren't a lot of other users to chat with and making interesting, thought out posts with, I can't handle it for long. That said, I've sorted my head and I want to make a conscious effort to talk to you all and try and improve on WHS and find a solution. I'm not just wanting to talk though, we have to take action. I am not the kind of person to act as a leader, but now I find such a thing to be entirely necessary at the moment. Wild horse state is kind of depending on us to actually DO something and not just write a few words but never make a move to do what we suggest.

With all that necessary crap out of the way, I would like to say hello to all of you who I have not written to in some time. This return has been due for some time and I would like to say sorry to you guys. You're my buds and this is the first RPG I've stuck with for more than a year. (the first was shut down and I bounced around till now) I care, and I wouldn't want you thinking I abandoned you, because I would do no such thing as that. I just have been focusing on the places where I can learn and write longer posts for the meantime while I decided what to do here. In fact this post has spent a week being thought about, whether or not to make it. One of the other resons my posting slowed, was my muse was honestly about to kill itself. I am not trying to be mean to anyone, in fact I would rather hold a more diplomatic stance here and approach things more kidly, but that has not gotten anything done and if someone if going to be giving the wake up call, it may as well be me. Cassy tried and nothing really happened besides deciding to wait for Tato. Well, she is here, and now I would love to see some results here as we can hopefully talk about a course of action. As I was saying, I had been running low on muse. I would like to kindly point out that I adore longer posts. the reason being that the longer the post, the more I gain from it to help me in a reply. If I get one that is hardly a paragraph, then I have little to work with and honestly no one want to sit there forever and try and come up with something. I realize thsat we were trying to adress the problem of not everyone being quite as advanced as some others, but that hasn't reallt gotten a big response. So I would like to ask eveyone for their input. Why do YOU people think nothing has happened, and can it be fixed?

To further elaborate on that topic, I hope you members know that the staff are amazing people and would like to help you. And other members too. There is at least a nice handfull of very good RPrs here and I am sure we would all be willing to help anyone who requires it if you ask. that is the problem I see at the moment with the RP bootcamp. No one here is asking for help with a too short post, and no one besides lovely RockStar, has offered. IF someone were to ask me for help with something, you can bet I would LOVE to help! But if no one uses their ability to write out their question, and does not say that their opinions (on any of this) then it is simply not going to be helped. It goes for everything, site wide, when I say that is suggestions are not made and things are not changed, that it will just sit, and eventually even those who acted patient and stayed with WHS for so long, will look for somewhere else to go.

I know that what WHS offers is, in fact, very unique. I think it is a strong point that could be expanded and used to our advantage in advertising should we choose. Many of the RP sites I see when i go looking around are restricted to a few species, but we allow everything here. The only problem is that there is not enough of a foundationt to interest potential members. I've seen many guests glancing around our site and so few new members. That could have to do with any number of things, but I'll quickly poinmt out that Cassy had a point when she said that WHS does not have the most appealing look to it.

I would love to be of help if possible. I am learning a thing or two about graphics designing and I think that the idea of a new banner could work. I also think that we should look into a few other things.

For example, I think that a new chat box might be useful. For one thing, i use the chat boxes on other roleplays frequently, to communicate with other members in a speedy manner so we can say helo, talk about posting, plottage ideas, and other things without having to wait to see if others will maybe check their PMs. So a chat box on here that did not require membership would be great. But we may need new codes for the site layout. I do not know a lot about coding, but I have some very good friends who might be willing to help us out here. Also, I know more about proboards sites, having helped run them and gotten used to how they work. I do not know a lot about the forumotion sites like this, but I would love to give this place another shot. The option of moving, I think, should be a total last resort since WHS still has many unexplored options available.

Until I think of more to say, I want to ask anyone and everyone to please speak up. Write your opinions of what I have suggested, read the thread Cassy made and we can talk about some of the suggestions made there. And I mean read. Not skim cause you have to get to that thread. If you care, and I'm not saying that yall don't, but ig you want to help this place you should not keep your ideas held back. It isn't helping so far.

The last thing, I would like to suggest to Tato that after this hopeful discussion of members that you PM me because I would like to see about the staff having a meeting. I think it is absolutely required.

Back to top Go down
SkyKit

SkyKit

Awesomeness : 20

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! from eat <3   IMPORTANT! from eat <3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:02 pm

Neh...Eat, I totally agree with you there.

For people who don't know how to RP, or not sure if they can RP, Make a little trip over ot the Boot Camp and start a thread .3.

We should start thinking up more place names. It probably wouldn't do anyhting big, but I see a lot of people wanting to RP in outer space 'n stuff |D

It would also be good if the banner (And the whole skin, really) got changed often, maybe to match the season, or a special holiday or something. I think it would probably attract more people to the site. I mean...purple is really making my eyes sore .-.

.__. Theres my little bunch of ideas.

o^o I have this one little crazy suggestion, though. We should have like...Pets or something *Derp already* .3. I seen these sites with little pet icons and stuff~ There are "Pet Mods" That level up someone's pet when they're active, make a really good RP, help other people, stuff like that. And they have points that they earn by posting, and they can buy pets from other players and stuff. .__. But since this site has hardly any active members, that would be a hard thing to do.
Back to top Go down
RockStar

RockStar

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! from eat <3   IMPORTANT! from eat <3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:03 pm

I realize that I have not been on the site in a really long time and there are a couple reasons for my absence, but not excuses, and I am not going to go into them right now because that isn't what this post is about. WHS, I agree is dead. And I really am upset about it, this was my first role play site and it's where I learned how to role play and I am sad to see it going dead. I used to be an extremely loyal member but my role playing advanced, an it didn't seem like anyone else's did so I got bored. I found a new site where I get on everyday and am extremely active. But I want WHS back because I miss it like crazy!

Soo, here are a few things.

One, we seriously need a new look. I am familiar with coding and I have friends that can code too but if there was some way I could once again be an admin, then I would help set everyone's plans on reviving the site into motion. I know how to work with the domain of WHS and I really want to help. I used to be an admin and was starting to help the place, then for some reason I am unsure of, I was made back to a mod. Like I said, I would really like to help change the site, but we can't do that unless we have an admin with the ability to make changes to the site. I don't want to take over power or anything, I would be happy just being an admin until the site got changed, but I think I really could help if I just get a little promotion.

Two, we really need to get rid of all the dead threads. All they are doing is clogging up the site, and it doesn't really make people want to join when they see a thread that hasn't been replied to for two years.

Three, I think a character limit would be a good idea. A lot of people create a character and then make one post with them and are done. There really needs to be some sort of limit to this. Perhaps a three character limit or a limit of two characters per each species or something.

Fourth, I also think that making a separate account for each hats yet would be a good idea, it could help make things more organized as well.

fifth, there really should be sections for each level or role players. One for beginner, one for intermediate, and one for experienced. And then ther could be a certain 'test' that has to be taken and passed in order to be able to post in a different section. And this could also give a higher leveled role player the option to go down to a lower level and post with them. Not only does this offer a break from long posts, but it gives others the experience of role playing with a higher leveled person

Sixth, we need to add some fun back into the site! Contests need to be arranged. I know some really fun ones that can go on and it can get boring when other people are just lurking with no replies to do.

Seventh, I know that the thought of role playing with tons of different species is exciting and that when it's in one place it is even better, but I think we should consider making multiple websites. Sort of like a store has chain stores. One site for each type of animal or whatever. Having a whole bunch in one place can get messy and confusing.

I have more ideas, but I need more time to develop them conpletley. Like I said earlier, if I can be promoted to an admin, I would set this whole train into motion. I won't make any changes that haven't been suggested and approved of and I really want to see this site get back on its feet. Tato, I hope this is a thing that you will consider because you know I am reliable and I have been here for a long time, even if I have been inactive as of late. But really, all I want to do is help.

I love you all, and with the permission from everyone, I would really like to help.

<33
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildhorsespirits.proboards.com
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! from eat <3   IMPORTANT! from eat <3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:22 pm

That is amazing RockStar! I personally think It would be amazing if WHS got a new look, more interesting skin, the works. Also, I have a few Ideas for other sites if we went the ides of seperate sites for seperate species. I also know that affies are a great way to bring in new members. It's how I got to a few places that I rp now, and it would just seem like a good idea.

Also, I think that I could do us a ton of advertising if i tried. I know plenty of places to go.

And about the dead threads, I'm with you i that they need to go. I've seen some from when this place was brand new still laying around and it detracts from the site's look in general.

And, I know that a lot of sites have been recently been doing advertising contests. if we made the site so we had a shop or something, then people could get more currency or something and get prizes. Also, maybe we could have graphics shops! I would love the chance to make stuff for others and get some practice in at making my manips Very Happy

OH, and i think your idea is kind of cool skykit. Pets are cute 030 So cute... But, anything like game currency and working for stuff by being active and participating in contests could motivate people to up the activity here and such. I can't tell you how many unactivated accounts there are on here... That's one more thing, i think that existing users should be given notice, and a chance to come back, like we gave Tato, but people who never even activated their accounts should just be deleted. they make things messy and less organised.

And the idea for RP'ers of different levels getting different sections to RP in is a cool idea. It would make things simpler.

I'm kind of tired right now, so all of my ideas are not fully formed at the moment, but It's good that at least a few people are still active. I hope EVERYONE at least adds a little to this discussion. <3

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IMPORTANT! from eat <3   IMPORTANT! from eat <3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

IMPORTANT! from eat <3
Page 1 of 1