Neko

EVERYONE :) - Page 2

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Wild Horse State!
Please, do not feed the users... they bite...
To the left, you shall see our lovely facilities. And to the right is... what remains of the fountain I blew up. Shhh, don't tell Tato.
We have some pretty cool features, like the C-Box at the bottom of the home page.
We're constantly adding to the site to try and make it better, and we're always open to ideas! Feel free to pm Rockeh or Tato.
If you have a site and want to Affiliate, message Rockeh with your mini-banner/logo HTML, and I'll get it up in the portal. Please have our affiliation on your site too Smile
Well, we hope you've enjoyed your tour of Wild Horse State. Please come again soon! Very Happy

EVERYONE :)

Go down 
+6
lilsuzu
FoxyStar
RockStar
Monster
breyergirl101
I'veGotYou~Alpha
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RockStar

RockStar

Awesomeness : 25

EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:10 am

Also, two more things.

Signatures! - Lot's of peoples signatures take up a lot of room, its getting pretty ridiculos. (no offense to anyone)

And groups!- All these herds and packs and stables are being created but aren't being upkept. I think that we should make it harder to make a group like that then just pming an admin and them making it for you. The rules state you have to have 5 horses, 5 wolves, whatever, so I think we should be doing that. Stables are a little different, I think that they need to be checked like every month to see if there is a post and if not then it's deleted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildhorsespirits.proboards.com

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:57 am

I completely agree with rockstar. Way too many signatures are taking up way too much space

I say we wait a month, though I highly doubt her computer has been broken for 7 months, or many of those other excuses. We have to face the fact she might not come back.

And everyone, tell me what you want the site to look like, I have a graphics designer, so as soon as you tell us what you want we can start. So go to the NEW SITE Smile topic and tell us what you wanna roleplay, what colors you'd think look best. Though I think we have figured out the animals thing. So I think we are good. Anyways, read up on it.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu

lilsuzu

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Um... guys? I dunno if this is my place or anything, and sorry for intruding... but I really love this place cos it's not reigned in like so many other sites. I'm not a very advanced roleplayer myself, and I do try, and I think I'd find a 100 word count very hard to use in every single reply. Because you have to let the other person control some things, right? In some posts back in my topics, I see so many different and better directions than the same one, but can't change any of them. And what if you just want to slip in a little message, like if you can't reply or if you don't know what to say? Sozzy... just maa opinion Razz
Back to top Go down
RockStar

RockStar

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:55 pm

In the case of someone not being an advanced role-player then there would be a different place on the site that would house beginners. The word count wouldn't be as high there and you could role-play as normal (:

And you have a right to your opinion (:
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildhorsespirits.proboards.com
lilsuzu

lilsuzu

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:24 pm

thankie tongue
Back to top Go down
FoxyStar

FoxyStar

Awesomeness : 23
Location : .....NARNIA. With ASLAN. And... that cute little mouse :3

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:30 pm

wait what the new site again?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:13 pm

r-evenge.proboards.com Nothing has been made yet, but we are working on it. I need to get everything completely straight so please read the website thing. I need EVERYBODY'S opinion. Everyone thats alive at least Smile
Back to top Go down
FoxyStar

FoxyStar

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:41 pm

Oh yeah, about that- this isent really on the subject, but if Tato dosent come back, then Rockehs the new admin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Yep.
Back to top Go down
FoxyStar

FoxyStar

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:30 am

i think Rocheh is a really good admin; she helps other people, she replies to everything, shes honest- shes everything a giid admin should be Wink
Back to top Go down
~Sky~

~Sky~

Awesomeness : 30

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:59 pm

ok youknow me i couldent read all of this but yes i do think we maybe should make a new sitr, with proboards, new skin and awsoem stuff, stick to maybe just a horse! i dont know.
Back to top Go down
http://equusferusrpg.proboards.com/index.cgi
Tato
Admin
Tato

Awesomeness : 0

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:58 pm

Okay, forgive me if I've stated something that someone else has already said or opposed, but I didn't feel like reading all three pages of this. I scanned them briefly, though.

Quote :
1. This place is dying. We all know it. Now we still have a bunch of ideas, we aren't like those other sites I've been on where no one can think of anything to keep the place running so they shut it down, and I doubt any of us could really do that either. But this place isn't popular enough to see on those top 100 rpg sites. So my idea was that we could get and advertising committee together and maybe find areas to advertise, sign up for the places where we can, do as much as we can without needing Tato. Btw... I really miss her <3 So anyways, there's one idea.
Advertising is a fabulous idea! Let's get to work on that immediately, if you guys are for that idea.

Quote :
2. I don't know about you, but I have been advancing my rp. I can't do a 2 sentence paragraph anymore like I could when I first started. I can't work with anything under 100 word limit. I think we need one of those things. Its another thing that ticks me off, when I rate about a 500 word thread which isn't that much, ask for anything above 100, and then ending up getting a "Tasha loves pie, she was at the farmers market to get pie when she noticed _______. She walked up to blank and said hello." And thats even better then what I see sometimes. Threads don't need to be replied to every minute, if you can't think of anything, listen to music, do something. Ask the person to put it on hold for a bit. So I think we should have a word limit to keep this place moving, it drives off people who hate 1 lined replies, and there are many really good roleplayers.
I agree. I hope that, by roleplaying on this website, everyone has improved their writing skills. Go back and look at the first posts Rockeh, Eatth, and I made. They're painful to look at now that my skills have improved so drastically. However, I designed this site to be friendly to all experience levels. I don't want to push anyone away because they can only form two sentences. In time, their skills will improve just like ours have! If you have a problem with the way someone is roleplaying, confront them about it directly or just /don't roleplay with them at all/. Our more experienced rp'ers could even take them under their wings and teach them how to better their posts. If you feel the need to, you could add something along the lines of (Expert rp'ers only) or (ameture rp'ers only) in your topic title. This will show what skill level is preferred, so rp'ers who can do three pages a post aren't forced to rp with people who can only do three words.

Quote :
3. Soo, to tell you the truth I am a code freak, and I could make this place look really good. If this really starts to role downhill I think we should move to a proboards site and start fresh, with the same members and everything of course. Now proboards I can make look amazing if you give me a moment, just ask MonsterEternal. So anyways, I think that what the package says and looks like is another big and important piece of why the more advanced roleplayers don't come here. Now I know it sounds rude, but I think its true. If I hand't been here and known the people and had just started looking for a new site and this came up? I wouldn't have given it a second glance. Thats mean, I know, but I'm telling the truth. Now we don't need to move, but we need to do something to change it up. And really, I'm getting sick of purple :s haha

Personally, I don't want to move. A lot of our members (myself included...) would find it too much work to move to a whole different site. If you have a hugs problem with how the place looks, message Rockeh or I. I'm currently taking classes in web design, graphic design, art, and photography. If you want it done and Rockeh and I agree, we'll do it. I'll admit, I HATE this theme with a fiery passion. However, no one had complained, so I didn't really feel compelled to fix it. Now that you've brought it to my attention that it sucks just as bad as I thought it did in the beginning, we can fix it. Blue or green, maybe? c:

Quote :
4. I think we need some sort of plot where everyone is involved, or a lot of people anyways, that way we all sorta don't need to think up anything for a bit after we find a good idea.It doesn't have to be a universally wide thing, just a 1 or 2 week plot to get everyone active again. I don't know what, but it would be good, right?
No thank you. I've looked into this, and I absolutely detest the idea. Creativity is the key in roleplaying, and when you only have one plot to work off of, it gets painfully boring. There's only so many things you can do from one plot. Good roleplayers can start a small plot and it can work into big plot without the staff taking control and forcing everyone to work off of it. A small plot every few weeks might be nice, but not something that you can't avoid. For example, if the plot was "Wild bats overrun the Flower Fields!" or whatever, and I don't want to roleplay about bats, then I'm not forced to. Having a designated plot for the whole site would drive away users not interested/experienced in said plot.

Quote :
5. Make an activity check every month, give everyon a couple of weeks to reply, maybe 1 and a half. Then you know whos active and whos not. To those of you who don't know what an activity check is, this is it. So you make a board and once a month do a forum to fill out like this
That would eliminate people who decided to go on a momentary hiatus. If you're leaving for a few months, make a post and tell us.
Back to top Go down
FoxyStar

FoxyStar

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Totally agree with all them, Tato 0_*

Purple, actully, isnt really a bad thing, i mean, i hardly notic it.

Plots- well, like i said, agreeing with Tato, if there was only 1 story line, that would get highly annoying.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:03 pm

Sorry this is a late reply o.- I kinda gave up here for a while. Well anyways, the parts that you don't like Tato, let me explain a bit.

Moving: I was only saying that because you hadn't been on in ages, and neither was Rockeh until the very end. So we couldn't do much more the advertise here. I agree. If you can change this place up then change it! I'm sorry, but this site has been purple for what, 4 years? xc

Plot: I didn't mean it like that. I hate those too. What I meant was something like this; So it winter, right? Well how about theres a lot of snowstorms, making it harder to deal in some parts of the lands for loners, and that the packs need more alliances. Something like that. Just to make it realistic. You know, because wolves can't just roll on through winter by themselves without any difficulty. So maybe give a heads up and be like 'Tomorrow is the start of a 2 day blizzard, and then there wold literally be people acting out the same weather, and have more muse at the end of the 2 day blizzard, the struggling of packs trying to fix the devastating damage, stuff like that Smile I don't I've seen stuff like that help a site with members, and also kill the site. We'd have to tread lightly.

Activity Check: Okay, so theres only what, 20 people who really are active? Have a absence rule. Something that says that if you do not give a reason why you are going to be gone over the activity check then your going to be deleted. Okay, thats kinda harsh. Let me rephrase that. So its november 1st, and I'm gone. I come back on the 12. You don't delete me because I was only gone for 2 weeks without notice. Now theres another kid. Shes gone during the activity check which lets say ends the 14th. You don't delete her either because you think she is going to come back within the month. But she never does. Now imagine 50 of those people. idk. Again, sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Of course, this is your site, so I don't want you to feel like I'm trying to take it over or anything. I just wanna help. I'm terrible at keeping a site going. I just know some stuff from moving through many websites, some which have crashed, others which I still play on.
Back to top Go down
lilsuzu1

lilsuzu1

Awesomeness : 20

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:52 pm

You guys, I just hate the idea of this site dying (Is that how you spell it?). This site got me in to role playing and my english teacher has never been more pleased. But I do agree that we need more active members. I mean, check the memberlist. There's at least two pages of users that have never been on before. Never. And then there are ones who last logged on in 2009. These players are obviously never going to come back. We need to up the game, get more active members, and fast. There are some brilliant players, not all of whom I can name, but they are getting sick of being on all the time, with nobody else there. We need to make sure that people don't just dissapear for weeks on end. We need to make this site better than it is. Everything in life can be improved. We need to make changes, and fast. WildHorseState is simply sick, but it's dying fast, and we need to heal it. If you took the trouble to read this, thanks very much Smile my fingers are sooo sore after that lol Wink

May WildHorseState never die
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:05 pm

what we need now is this place cleaned up! Its a mess of very dead topics! So disorganized.. If we clean it up, and maybe make a more appealing skin as well, things could get better. Honestly, if I didn't allready like this place, I wouldn't bother joining, cause yeah, there is a major lack of activity. Also some old, dead accounts could really be removed. They can rejoin if they want, but otherwise it just clutters things
Back to top Go down
SkyKit

SkyKit

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:54 pm

Hm 0.0 okay listen peoples. I noticed that Tato goes on, but hardly, and Rocheh usees A PHONE to go on WHS. So, if we keep bragging and annoying them, our chances of the site changing are decreased. They already have enough trouble as it is.

Yeah.

Cassy- i agree with the third one, and possibly, the secend.

Lilsuzu- umm....Okay....yes, we need to heal the site and give it some member-medicien Razz

Monster- YES the topics need to be cleaned up Exclamation I totally agree with that one Surprised
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Okay, tanith is right. I'm sorry Tato. Imma back off now and just post. You got this.
Back to top Go down
SkyKit

SkyKit

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:42 pm

Not in a rude way. Just saying. But that also encludes me. *backs off, then runs away screaming*
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:45 pm

CASSY! OMFG HIIIII!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

EVERYONE :)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Suggestions/Problems-
Jump to: