Neko

EVERYONE :)

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Wild Horse State!
Please, do not feed the users... they bite...
To the left, you shall see our lovely facilities. And to the right is... what remains of the fountain I blew up. Shhh, don't tell Tato.
We have some pretty cool features, like the C-Box at the bottom of the home page.
We're constantly adding to the site to try and make it better, and we're always open to ideas! Feel free to pm Rockeh or Tato.
If you have a site and want to Affiliate, message Rockeh with your mini-banner/logo HTML, and I'll get it up in the portal. Please have our affiliation on your site too Smile
Well, we hope you've enjoyed your tour of Wild Horse State. Please come again soon! Very Happy

Go down 
+6
lilsuzu
FoxyStar
RockStar
Monster
breyergirl101
I'veGotYou~Alpha
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

EVERYONE :) Empty
PostSubject: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:05 am

Okay, before I go any further, I just want to say I want no fights, no drama, and this is just my helpful point of view.

Okay, I admit, I've been ditching this place on and off lately, and its really not because I'm busy. Believe me, when October comes, then I will be busy all the way through March. But anyways, I don't want to insult any of you who work with the staff, but I've been here since this place started up. The ones who were on the sight before it got destroyed know me like I know myself. So anyways, you know I get crabby, but I don't mean to hurt anyone. So here is the real reason I myself don't come on, very often, and maybe you guys can pick and choose between what you like and what you don't. We can discuss what needs to be done. Now this isn't my place, but someone needs to step up and start doing something because to tell you the truth we don't have 200 members, we have about 15 who go one daily, or at least 3 times a week. But I swear if a fight gets started I will ask one of the rockeh to delete the whole thing, kay?

1. This place is dying. We all know it. Now we still have a bunch of ideas, we aren't like those other sites I've been on where no one can think of anything to keep the place running so they shut it down, and I doubt any of us could really do that either. But this place isn't popular enough to see on those top 100 rpg sites. So my idea was that we could get and advertising committee together and maybe find areas to advertise, sign up for the places where we can, do as much as we can without needing Tato. Btw... I really miss her <3 So anyways, there's one idea.

2. I don't know about you, but I have been advancing my rp. I can't do a 2 sentence paragraph anymore like I could when I first started. I can't work with anything under 100 word limit. I think we need one of those things. Its another thing that ticks me off, when I rate about a 500 word thread which isn't that much, ask for anything above 100, and then ending up getting a "Tasha loves pie, she was at the farmers market to get pie when she noticed _______. She walked up to blank and said hello." And thats even better then what I see sometimes. Threads don't need to be replied to every minute, if you can't think of anything, listen to music, do something. Ask the person to put it on hold for a bit. So I think we should have a word limit to keep this place moving, it drives off people who hate 1 lined replies, and there are many really good roleplayers.

3. Soo, to tell you the truth I am a code freak, and I could make this place look really good. If this really starts to role downhill I think we should move to a proboards site and start fresh, with the same members and everything of course. Now proboards I can make look amazing if you give me a moment, just ask MonsterEternal. So anyways, I think that what the package says and looks like is another big and important piece of why the more advanced roleplayers don't come here. Now I know it sounds rude, but I think its true. If I hand't been here and known the people and had just started looking for a new site and this came up? I wouldn't have given it a second glance. Thats mean, I know, but I'm telling the truth. Now we don't need to move, but we need to do something to change it up. And really, I'm getting sick of purple :s haha Smile

4. I think we need some sort of plot where everyone is involved, or a lot of people anyways, that way we all sorta don't need to think up anything for a bit after we find a good idea.It doesn't have to be a universally wide thing, just a 1 or 2 week plot to get everyone active again. I don't know what, but it would be good, right?

5. Make an activity check every month, give everyon a couple of weeks to reply, maybe 1 and a half. Then you know whos active and whos not. To those of you who don't know what an activity check is, this is it. So you make a board and once a month do a forum to fill out like this.

Username
Nick-name
Rate activness 1-10

That will also help with choosing mods so you know whos loyal and active and whos not.

So thats all I have, remember you don't need to use all of these, its really not that important, I just think we are scrambling to keep everyone active, including me, so theres my point of view from where I am standing, Please don't start a fight, I will close this thread. And none of these ideas were pointed directly at anyone, and no one was supposed to feel insulted, but I apologize in advance if anyone was. So here it is (:
Back to top Go down
I'veGotYou~Alpha

I'veGotYou~Alpha

Awesomeness : 23
Location : In my fantasy land that's just starting to accept reality

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:43 am

that is a very good idea!!i can live with that.
Back to top Go down
http://alphasoul.webs.com/
breyergirl101

breyergirl101

Awesomeness : 20

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:45 am

me to
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:51 am

Glad you guys like the ideas Smile
Back to top Go down
breyergirl101

breyergirl101

Awesomeness : 20

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:52 am

were are you guys repil in water fall lake
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

Awesomeness : 25

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:02 pm

Alright, I like you rideas there cassy. And here is some of my constructive criticism. I think that the advertising would be a wonderful aqnd constructive solution to the inactivity here. But, I don't know whether it would be the best solution we could pick, especialy when you consider number three. This place really is dull, and if you had not been on here before me and if i didn't already know many of the RPers here, i would not hhave joined. Without fixing the look of the site, and adjusting the fact that we are VERY open here and don't do many plots, this place will not get many looks from potential members.

Also, on one hand we have the fact that we really do need a word limit here. I mean, without one, people write like 2 scentences, and are done. Then a thread begins to fizzle and fade, eventualy abandoned. But if you check, then aty the same time, a lot of the people here are not that experienced. They don't do as long of posts EVER and that is sadly, they're MO for most posts. To remade that, yes, we need new, and more experienced members. I know I have been around a while, and I am getting very tirewd of short replys.

Another thing to consider: It is hard to become ingrained in a new Rp. You have to get used to the style and habits of other players and I know that I have joined MANY RPs that had great plot, lots of activity, but I was drivin away by something or other. Like the simple fact that the place didn't fit the plot type i was looking for. Maybe it was TOO restricted, or like here, very muchly open to anything. Just something we need to consideer when decisions are made.

xD I'm the only one who gives much feedback here then huh?
Back to top Go down
I'veGotYou~Alpha

I'veGotYou~Alpha

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:11 pm

Maybe there could be a new posting area?For all of the movies that people want to roleplay about?
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:13 pm

If you were to ask rockeh, she might say yes and make you a board. but i do not know for sure xD

But, if we get permission and restart this place under a proboards site, i have one that is only half alive, and cass you could assist me in revamping it and making it a uasable rpg site
Back to top Go down
RockStar

RockStar

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:32 pm

Okay I completely agree with everything you said Cass. I have gotten a lot better with role-playing, and I simply are getting annoyed (no offense here anyone) with all the tiny replies that people are giving.

I think that we should start over on a new site and if you really are into coding and stuff then there are other places that you could get into. Like ' invisionfree.com ' There is alot of coding involved with that kind of stuff. The plot sounds like a really good idea, and I think that if we dedicate the site to one animal in perticular things might go along a lot easier. Like just have a wolf role-play or a lion role-play or something like that.

Also I was thinking about maybe having different, ' sections. ' Like a beginner role-play area and then an area for the more advanced people. Or have two seperate sites for the different levels with the same plot and things so that the site is less confusing. I definately agree that we need to have a word limit. Having a 100 at least limit is pretty generous and also I think we should have a limit on characters too. People make tons of characters then don't ever even use them except for like one reply and then that just clogs everything up.

I have experiance in role-playing now and I have made some of my own sites and I think this place needs desperately to be cleaned up. There are dead threads everywhere, I started a dead thread thing but then I was switched from an Admin to a Mod and couldn't carry anything out and it was never finished.

I would be willing to help with anything though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildhorsespirits.proboards.com
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:48 pm

I am with rockstar. Your idea makes a lot of sence and I am all for makjg the beginers their own area. I would help out in an possible way I can call up cassy and we can plot brainstorm. Or, if everyone goes to cbox, this can be much faster xD I have a outline of a plot I was making(but I don't like it that much) and a couple of proboards sites that we can all work on fixin up and revamping to our likings Smile now.. I need to get on the lappy instead of this iPod ..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:10 pm

Okay, so I agree, I was just listing it out, not really in order. I think we do definitely need a proboards, never done invision free, it annoys me, but I could try. And I think we should get a completely knew plot, I like your plots sky, but they don't fit this type I don't think. I don't know. But I am pro at proboards xD. I don't wanna abandon Tato though, I think if we do move we should giver her another month before we even think about it.

I really like the idea about giving new players their own place until they get moved up. They should also only be moved up if Admin gives permission. Like on proboards there is an option for only the highly ranked people to see some boards, so we could situate it in a way so we rank the more advanced rpers accordingly, and then the others would have it locked til they are bumped up. Idk, there could be some controversy there, but its a start.

I was also thinking until then we could make a board for an rp school. Like, the new players can go there for questions and help, and also the advanced if they are stuck. I have tons of advice for finding lost muse, and many tips on how to make your thread look fancier if you feel like it. All the coding is pretty easy on proboards, and there are templates and stuff you can use there to if you have never been. So anyways, thats what I was thinking, and I know for a fact we definitely need to get a plot going, even if only some want to do it.

I also like the character limits. I think they need to be approved before, too. It would definitely organize the site more. e.i I do a character, but I can't use it until its approved. I have even been on some sites where you need to make a 1000 word fill out of the sheet they give you. I think thats a bit strict, but something along the lines of what needs to be required would be very good.
Back to top Go down
FoxyStar

FoxyStar

Location : .....NARNIA. With ASLAN. And... that cute little mouse :3

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:14 pm

i agree, those are good ideas, and i think the posting limit is a good idea aswell. But...Rock Star, why arn't you admin anymore?
Back to top Go down
I'veGotYou~Alpha

I'veGotYou~Alpha

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:16 pm

WHAT!!!???Rockstar?
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:37 pm

Well, i do love plotting xD and if i do some youtube diging and get inspiration and yall tell me some of what we would like for a plot, i can most definatly help figure this out. We can brainstorm it out in the cbox, or Pm a few peeps at a time. Either way it goes, i have a site in mide that we can use if it is decided we want to go somewhere else soon Smile

Also, Most every advanced roleplay I have ever been of does have it required that your carrie is acepted, so I do like that idea. It really makes things easier when you do not have a huge bunch of characters that clog up the whole board. It would make a definate improvment and I am definatly onboard for that.

Back to top Go down
I'veGotYou~Alpha

I'veGotYou~Alpha

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:42 pm

you have a point there monster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:44 pm

I have a good site in mind that I haven;t used, its completely fresh, all it has is the url. I abandoned it. Its just. r-evenge for the url, so it can fit with anything, too.
Back to top Go down
I'veGotYou~Alpha

I'veGotYou~Alpha

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:45 pm

whats it called?
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:47 pm

*turns and points her newly sharpened spear at you* why yes, yes, I do. xP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:47 pm

r-evenge.proboards.com

But you guys, we can't even thinking about moving for at least another month. Tato might have abandoned the place, I doubt it, but it could be. And if she did, at least we have given her a month. If we don't and she comes back, what will she do? Ya know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
I'veGotYou~Alpha

I'veGotYou~Alpha

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:49 pm

all of these good points.by the way cassy,you have a good point. Razz
Back to top Go down
Monster

Monster

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:50 pm

I joined, but wont do anything till we have waited like ya said.
Back to top Go down
RockStar

RockStar

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:52 am

On most sites that I have been on you create a character with at least 6 sentences describing, Appearance, Personality & History. Along with other things as well.
I agree on waiting for Tato, also when we move we can delete everything and post in the news feed that we have been moved to a new site.

And to the people who asked why I wasn't Admin anymore, I do not know. I came on one day and I was a mod. Rockeh said she didn't know what happened though.
Back to top Go down
FoxyStar

FoxyStar

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:57 am

You did make a pretty good admin though....and anyway, i strongley agree on waiting for a month.

And im kinda wanting to not move for reasons, and tats problems may be:

Computer broken down (if she has one)
Phone broken down (is she has one)
Funral
Holiday
Hospital (AHHHHHHHH!)
REALLY SERIOUS EVENT- mum or dad died
sister/brother dieD
Fogot password
Forum hacked her password
Gone crazy (actully i doubt thats happend...)
Making another forum
People not letting her go on computer/phone
And MANY OTHER reasons why shes not on. Im sticking for tats, so just give her some time......
Back to top Go down
RockStar

RockStar

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:41 am

Awh, well thank you (:

And yes I want to wait for Tato but the only plausable thing that could have happened was if she was in the hospital. That is because she hasn't been on for 7 MONTHS. She could have gone to a library, if she forgot her password she could have made a new account to let everyone know what happened and unless she like, killed someone I doubt that she hasn't been allowed on the computer in 7 months.

I have faith in her though! Who knows what's been going on ?
Back to top Go down
FoxyStar

FoxyStar

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:45 am

tato...our beloved admin......NOT BEEN ON FOR A WHOLE 7 MONTHS????? WOW........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVERYONE :)   EVERYONE :) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Basics :: Suggestions/Problems-
Jump to: