Neko

The Halfling

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to Wild Horse State!
Please, do not feed the users... they bite...
To the left, you shall see our lovely facilities. And to the right is... what remains of the fountain I blew up. Shhh, don't tell Tato.
We have some pretty cool features, like the C-Box at the bottom of the home page.
We're constantly adding to the site to try and make it better, and we're always open to ideas! Feel free to pm Rockeh or Tato.
If you have a site and want to Affiliate, message Rockeh with your mini-banner/logo HTML, and I'll get it up in the portal. Please have our affiliation on your site too Smile
Well, we hope you've enjoyed your tour of Wild Horse State. Please come again soon! Very Happy

The Halfling

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

Awesomeness : 15
Location : At the wedding. She and Tato are getting married, didn't you know?

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:44 pm

The forest was alive with songbirds, greeting the sun as it began to rise. It cast golden light wherever it reached, thawing the ground of its overnight chill. Birds swooped and twittered in this loevly land; no humans in sight, true paradise. A deer emerged from the misty woods, nibbling the green grass as the rest of her herd appeared too. It was a joyous sight.

A sight not seen by the girl in the woods.

Where she sat, it was cold. Even as the sun warmed the edges of the forest, she was far to deep to feel nothing but the damp cold that hung deep in her bones. She trembled where she sat, back against a pine. Her arms were bent back, around the trunk, and her wrists tied with layers of rope. The skin beneath was red and raw. All along her pale left arm, blood was dried. The word HALFLING was carved into her delicate skin, and it was still flowing blood from the A and the N She trembled where she sat, the torm black dress that clad her lithe figure fr too thin. Her lips were pale, on the verge of blue, and her eyes covered by folded, long black silk. It tied behind her head and the ends trailed through her long chestnut hair, that fell in gentle waves to the dewey grass. Her lips parted and she moaned in pain, shifting her long legs and trying to work the ropes off of her wrist. Heat shot up her arms, sending new flashes of pain coursing through her frail body. She whimpered softly, her throat parched, her world dark. For four days now, she had seen nought but black, heard nothing but her own heartbeat, and felt nothing but cold, and pain. She wanted it to end, and soon. She was dehydrated, but shifted and began pressing her lips to the ivy that grew along the pine, drinking the dew. The water wouldlast her until the night, when the dew returned. She groaned again, and leant her head back against the tree trunk. When would this be over?

When would someone come?
Back to top Go down
tatertots

tatertots

Awesomeness : 23
Location : Stalking random peoples from inside a random garbage can

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:51 pm

Hoof beats sounded through the woods, the snorting of a horse disrupting the whispering trees. Gwendilyn Shamya rode through the woods on Ansro her large black stallion. One would think she was a human with unusual res hair if they looked straight at her. But when no humns were around, rounded, human ears would grow into long, slender, pointed elf ears. Gwen heard something, and moved Ansro into a trot, moving toward the noise.

Image:
The Halfling 452200-bigthumbnail
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 am

She heard the distant horse, and hope bloomed inside her, for the first time in a long time. She shifted, and called out in a hoarse voice. "Hello?!"
Back to top Go down
tatertots

tatertots

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Gwen's ears melded back into humanoid ears. The voice she'd heard was that of a human. Well, she thought so anyways. She moved Ansro into a rather fast canter, nearly galloping. She came to a fork. She whispered something in her native tongue, and a transparent sphere filled with tiny, dancing flames. The orb moved swiftly down the path that veered to the left, and she followed it. She saw someone...or something, tied to a tree. The orb disappeared, and Gwen dismounted, walking to the what she realized looked human, followed my Ansro. "Hello." Who might you be?" She asked calmly
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:37 am

Her body shook, but she bit her lip to stop it trembling from fear. She lifted her chin, remaining dignified whether this be friend or foe. Even though her eyes were blindfolded, she could tell where the girl was, her acute hearing pin-pointing her location. She had no magic left to reach out and discover if this being meant harm, so she didn't trust her enough to answer the question. Instead she spoke a single word, in the old language. "Adiuva."

(Latin for 'help')
Back to top Go down
tatertots

tatertots

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:00 pm

(Got new er peircings that hurt like heck. If this posts sucks, it's their fualt... Smile )

Gwen sighed. "Very well. By the way, I'm Gwen." She said almost silently. She knelt down and burned the ropes off the tree, being careful not to burn the girl. She wen to to burn through another, when she caught sight of the word carved into her arm. She stared curiosly at it, then burnt the rope. She slowly went back to the front of the girl, and removed the blindfold.
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:54 am

Her wide, slightly angled eyes opened, and her breath caught. Even the dim shadow of the deep woods hurt her eyes after that blackness. She looked at the girl, and swayed slightly. "Miri." She decided she could trust her- at least for now. She didn't get up, knowing her legs wouldn't hold her, and her arms useless until she healed, one numb and one burning incredibly. She slowly brought her arms in front of her, examining first the deep, bloody, rope burnt welts around her wrists. Her eyes drifted down to the word on her fore arm, and she flinched, eyes clouded.
Back to top Go down
tatertots

tatertots

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re:Tthe Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:10 am

Gwen tilted her head for a minute, pondering something. She figured out that the girl...er...Miri, was too weak to stand. She slowly lifted the girl, and carried her over to Ansro. She held Miri up with she jumped on behind her. She rode down the trail, one hand holding her stallion's mane, and the other holding Miri. "Why did they carve that aweful word into you arm, parvulus?" she asked quietly, most of her attention on the surrounding around them.

(Parvulus = young one)
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:28 am

(Heeeey. You should make a guy, elf healer. Ahemm Wink )

The movement of the horse made her head spin. She heard the girl ask the question, and rasped back. "They think my blood dirty." She said the words slowly, green-blue eyes flicking closed.
Back to top Go down
PewDiePie

PewDiePie

Awesomeness : 40

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re:The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:45 pm

(Roooockeh can i bring a wild horse into crankie's Rp called:The River(Big Eared Thingy please! xD) caaaan III???)
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:36 pm

Where is it? If its not in noahs ark, ill move it there and then you can Smile
Back to top Go down
tatertots

tatertots

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:24 am

(But Iz no like playing dudes yet. Hold on...I'll make one.But in the next post. You should feel loved *glares at Rockeh then begins laughing and runs away*)

Gwen stroked her hair softly. "Why would they think that? You certainly look, and smell, completely human." She asked quietly. She came to a human house, and stopped Ansro. She dismounted, then pulled Miri off, carrying her to the house, leaving Ansro to do what he liked. She kicked open the door, and walked into the house. She looked around her and her brother's home, smiling. She set Miri gently on the couch, and went upstairs to look for her brother.

(House o3o): The Halfling Roere_F_1024x768_
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:03 am

(I do :3)

Gwens words rang in her ears. She didn't even live with humans. She closed her eyes and sank into the cushions. Gwen thought she was completely human? On her fathers side. Her mother, on the other hand, had been a noble and important lady in her village. She was half elf, but possessed the magics as any other of her mothers, or fathers kind. She felt as if her body was dissolving, her consciousness fading as pain took her away to dream land.
Back to top Go down
tatertots

tatertots

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Sun May 01, 2011 5:32 am

Gwen ran down the stairs, Gail following after. She went to the couch, and knelt beside the girl. She put her had against her forehead, which seemed a bit warm. Probably from being outside in the cold for so long. Gail walked into another room, and walked back out, carrying different things, but mostly bandages, and a special elf-made healing cream. He sat on the floor, and looked at her arm, the one with the word 'hafling' carved into it. That'd leave a nasty scar. He grabbed a tube of the cream, and squeezed some onto the wound. He rubbed it it gently, and grabbed a bandage, and carefully wrapped it around. He began bandaging and rubbing creams into the other wounds, and soon, he was mostly finished. He had to do something about the fever. He walked into the room, put away the stuff, and grabbed two, very odd looking berries. They were smooth, but had random lumps about their skin, and, they were completely black. He crushed them into a juice, put it into a cup, and walked into the room. He gently pulled open her mouth, and poured the mixture in. (They're magic berries. They taste like the person's favorite food ;])
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Sun May 01, 2011 6:51 am

The juice slid down her throat, ice cold suddenly. Her eyes flickered so briefly, you couldn't even make out the colour, but her lips parted in a small sigh as the pain slid away slowly; the bruises hidden under the frayed, dirty, torn black dress from being kicked and beaten faded steadily, replaced by cool numbness. Her eyes opened again, a beautiful teal, the colour of the ocean, framed by shadowy lashes. Her skin cooled slightly, and her body ceased trembling. She hadn't felt this relaxed for a long while. The pain was gone, the thirst and hunger gone. Her throat didn't burn, she couldn't taste blood, just the tang of dragon fruit left behind. She blinked slowly, looking down at her bandaged arms. Her wrists were cool, not fiery and blistering. Her eyes were flooded in relief; she resisted the tendrils of sleep that fought to work their way into her being, and looked up.
Back to top Go down
tatertots

tatertots

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 7:03 pm

Gwen smiled, and brushed Miri's hair out of her face. Gail had gone back upstairs, to finish some buisness or another. She went into the small kitchen, and opened the freezer. Out came some chocolate ice cream, and she scooped it into a bowl. she grabbed a spoon, and walked back into the living room. Just because she was a rare elf, a creature of H***, and lived in the woods, didn't mean she didn't like human food. She sat in a really soft chair, and slowly ate the cold treat. "Need anything else?" She asked kindly, still smiling.
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 8:16 pm

Her eyes widened slightly, and filled with pain, this time not physical, but emotional. "... Sapiens." She said softly. It meant 'the wise man' or something similar, in the old language(which is latin, btm Wink ) she tried to push herself up, but her arms had little strength, and she cringed in pain. "I have to find him."
Back to top Go down
tatertots

tatertots

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 8:24 pm

Gwen gently pushed Miri back down. "Who is Sapiens. I'll help you find him. You are too weak to go out on your own, Puer." She said gently. A question popped suddenly into her head. aetas tua quae...I am sorry. You probably don't speak the old language.. I asked how old you were." She said, looking at the child. She'd suddenly felt a...Pang of love for her, like, this was her child. Of course, she felt like this with most kids. She was a motherly person.
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 9:27 pm

She closed her eyes, tearing up. "329, I think. Still very young." She took a trembling breath. "My companion. He tried to save me. I made him run, but they hurt him before he disappeared. I made them forget they saw him, but I need to find him now. He might still be hurt."
Back to top Go down
tatertots

tatertots

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Sat May 14, 2011 9:34 pm

(Post on Lancet Stud!!!)

Gwen nodded. Indeed she was young. She herself was almost 3,000 years. Gail was another 100 years older. She stood, and picked up Miri. She carried her out of the house, and sat her on Ansro, then hopped onto his back behind her. She grabbed his mane, and they trotted off into the forest. "Now tell me...What does he look like?" She asked, scrutinizing the trees.
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2011 1:32 am

(Oh right, I will now Smile )

She shook her head softly. "He won't come unless I'm alone. Then he can come with me. He'll hang around the woods by your house as long as I'm there." She ran her fingers through the horses coarse mane.
Back to top Go down
tatertots

tatertots

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Sun May 15, 2011 10:39 am

Gwen nodded. She stopped once they reached a large flat stone. She lifted Miri, and sat her on the stone, propping her up against the tree. Call me when you want me to return. I will be out in the woods looking for...something. She said, commanding Ansro to take her down the path.
Back to top Go down
Rockeh
Admin
Rockeh

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1Mon May 16, 2011 12:38 am

She found a tiny hole in the black sash around her waste, and pulled out a pearl and diamond whistle, tiny and seemingly fragile. She lifted it to her lips shakily, and blew a single, pure note, unheard by everyone except Miri, and a single other creature. The sound of hooves appeared a few minutes after, and a white figure appeared through the brush. There was a fluttering whinny of pure joy, and the horse leapt up onto the stone table, snorting excitedly. He was tall and willowy, and graceful his tail was long, and his mane and forelock fluttered silkily. And from his forehead came a silvery horn, strung through with opalescent and pearlescent strands. His golden eyes studied Miri, checking she wasn't hurt. Miri's ocean eyes studied Sapiens, checking he wasn't hurt. Over the days she had been captive, he had healed himself, but hadn't come to find her. He couldn't; she had forbade him to. Not until the whistle sounded. He lay down, and helped her crawl to his back, before standing, long legs straddled on either side of his silky cream coat. She gently wound her fingers through his silky, thick mane. "We are going to meet an old one. She is friend, do not worry. She and her brother helped me. Saved me." She spoke to him in a language older than Latin, a language spoken by the likes of dragons and unicorns, and those whon the creatures trust with the ancient, magic words. She spoke out. "We are ready to return." Her voice was still raspy, but she was regal, and joyful, astride her companion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Halfling Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Halfling   The Halfling Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Halfling
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Human Lands :: Whispering Woods-
Jump to: